Members Sought for Seattle’s Living Building and Deep Green Pilot Technical Advisory Group
The City of Seattle is looking for qualified candidates to fill 10 positions in the City’s new Living Building and Deep Green Pilot Technical Advisory Group. These volunteer positions are expected to be filled by September 2013 so work can begin immediately following. The role of the advisory group will be to provide recommendations to the Department of Planning and Development on updating the City’s Living Building and Seattle Deep Green Pilot Program, which aims to promote sustainable building and development (see the Living Building & Seattle Deep Green Pilot webpage for more information).
Promoting development that will achieve the highest levels of environmental performance requires commitment from the building and development community, as well as the public at large. The advisory group will consist of qualified professionals from diverse fields within the greater Seattle area that have technical knowledge, experience and interest in sustainable development. The advisory group will also include at least one experienced sustainability professional associated with a community council or other neighborhood group. Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council and will serve a two-year term.
Applicants should have:
- A passion for green building and sustainability
- Knowledge of the overall building design, construction and development process
- Sustainable building expertise and experience
- Technical expertise in efficient building systems (e.g. energy and water), green stormwater management, and/or other relevant specialty
- Knowledge of and experience with green building certification programs, such as the Living Building Challenge™, LEED™ or other programs
- LEED™ accreditation or other sustainability or green building related credentials
- The ability to listen and communicate effectively
- The ability to work with diverse people and perspectives
- At least one member must be a current member of a community council or neighborhood group.
The Technical Advisory Group is being established under Resolution 31400 to inform updates and enhancements to the City’s Living Building and Seattle Deep Green pilot programs and regulatory framework.
Members should expect to work 4-6 hours a month attending and preparing for meetings. It is anticipated that the group will initially meet two times per month through December 2013 and no more than once a month in 2014. Members are expected to attend at least 90 percent of the meetings.
To be considered for appointment to the Living Building and Deep Green Pilot Technical Advisory Group, please send an application and resume by July 19, 2013 by email to:
Aly Pennucci, Senior Planner
Email applications are preferred, as electronic documents facilitate file sharing among the selection committee. If emailing is not an option, applicants can send their applications via U.S. mail to:
Aly Pennucci, Senior Planner
Dept of Planning and Development, City of Seattle
700 5th Ave, Suite 2000
P.O. Box 34019
Seattle, Washington 98124-4019
If you need additional information or have questions, please contact Aly Pennucci, Senior Planner, at (206) 386-9132 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Posted: June 24th, 2013 under Building Connections, dpdINFO Newsletter, Green Building, Long-Range Planning, Permit Pipeline Newsletter, Top News Stories.
Tags: advisory committee, living building pilot, Seattle DPD Green