- New requirements for early community outreach for all projects going through Design Review
- Updates to the thresholds that determine which projects are required to go through Design Review
Read a summary of the changes.
Updates on Director’s Rule
We are currently working on updating and finalizing the joint Director’s Rule for Early Community Outreach, which we developed with Department of Neighborhoods (DON) and published for public review and comment from May 4 to May 21. We hope to have the final version of the rule published within the next week.
On June 20, SDCI and DON will be hosting an information session for developers interested in learning more about the new requirements for early community outreach.
Wednesday, June 20
4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue, 19th Floor
Join us for a presentation and Q&A with staff to learn about:
- The requirements for your early community outreach plan
- How to document your outreach so you can move on to early design guidance (EDG)
- How the early community outreach timing lines up with the design review process
- Resources we’ve been developing to prepare for the July 1 rollout
No need to RSVP, just show up!
Can’t make it? We will also be hosting two Reddit “Ask Me Anything” sessions online:
- July 10
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- August 14
8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
For questions about how the new early outreach requirements or thresholds changes may impact a specific development project, please contact:
Lisa Rutzick, SDCI
For questions about the information sessions or general questions about the new early outreach requirements, you may also contact:
Christina Ghan, SDCI
Susie Philipsen, DON