The Department of Planning and Development (DPD) and Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) staff will be hosting a meeting to discuss changes and clarifications regarding the Draft Side Sewer Code (Seattle Municipal Code 21.16) and Draft Joint DPD/SPU Directors Rule 7 2008/04-08, Requirements for Design and Construction of Side Sewers (Drainage and Wastewater Discharges).
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
9:00 to 10:00 a.m.
Room 1756, Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue
The Side Sewer Code and Director’s Rule Revision effort is a joint project between DPD and SPU. The code and rule are living documents that are updated regularly by the City to respond to changes in City regulations and policies. The last revision effort was made effective in April 2006.
The objective of this project is to make revisions to the code and rule which strike a balance with the needs of various stakeholders, including City departments, contractors, builders, developers, ratepayers, citizens, etc.
Previous outreach efforts in 2007 and 2008 have already presented and discussed these proposed revisions. Some of the major changes to the Code and Director’s Rule are:
- Improved enforcement language in coordination with the City’s revised Stormwater Code, Grading Code etc.
- Clarified language relating to side sewer reuse for redevelopment projects
- Clarifications to sections regarding side sewer ownership and as-builts for side sewer construction
- Codified language from SPU’s existing process for allowing “buildovers” over SPU infrastructure on private property
- Additional language on curb discharge of drainage water for some development projects
The Side Sewer Code and Director’s Rule will become effective in spring 2010. A draft is posted online at: http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/Planning/Side_Sewer_Revisions/Overview/.
To RSVP, please contact Kim Serwold (SPU) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 733-9340.
For more information, contact Jeff Smith (SPU) at email@example.com or (206) 684-4615.