As a reminder, DPD has changed some services for applicants and the public. The changes are necessary due to DPD’s significantly reduced permit-related revenue that resulted in a series of layoffs.
Change in Hours Open to the Public
New Hours for Applicant Services Center (ASC), Plans Routing, Public Resource Center and Microfilm Library
(All of 20th Floor, plus Plans Routing area on the 21st Floor, Seattle Municipal Tower)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday – 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Walk-ins advised to arrive by 2:00 p.m.
NOTE: ASC main phone (206) 684-8850 will be answered directly during new ASC hours
All other DPD areas and services are open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Revised Coaching Services – Land Use and Permitting
Many significant changes have been made to the land use and permitting coaching services, including:
- New: paid land use coaching in half-hour increments
- Discontinued: free land use coaching at ASC counter; land use planner screening in master use permit and construction appointments; free permit specialist phone service
Revised Coaching Services – Technical Codes
Changes to the technical codes coaching services include:
- Continued: paid, voluntary building, energy, and mechanical code pre-submital conferences
- Discontinued: free building, energy, and mechanical code technical backup phone service
Revised Coaching Services – Street Use Permitting
The SDOT Street Improvement Project Managers moved coaching services from the ASC to the SDOT Street Use counter (700 5th Ave, 23rd Floor). The hours available for coaching will remain the same, 10:30 a.m. – noon and 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you have any questions regarding the change of service, please contact Liz Sheldon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing Information Services
DPD provides an array of public information resources regarding permit processes and related codes that affect a development proposal. Other services, available at www.seattle.gov/dpd, include:
- DPD’s Online Tools
- DPD’s Resource Center
- Client Assistance Memos (CAMs)
- Online Coaching
- Permit/Project Status (Online only)
- Permit Specialist Online Q&A
- Land Use Online Q&A
- Electrical Code Tech Support
M-F: 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For complete details about the service changes, read our BuildingConnections blog story: http://buildingconnections.seattle.gov/2010/09/29/dpd-service-changes-coming/