DPD and Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) staff will be hosting a meeting to discuss changes and clarifications regarding the following:
- Side Sewer Code (Seattle Municipal Code 21.16), effective January 19, 2011
- Joint DPD/SPU Directors Rule (DR) 2011 04/2011-004, Requirements for Design and Construction of Side Sewers (Drainage and Wastewater Discharges)
- Joint DPD/SPU DR 2011 05/2011-004, Side Sewer Code Enforcement
Monday, March 7, 2011
8:00 to 9:30 a.m.
Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue
- New language clarifying requirements on use and reuse of existing side sewers and conformance with existing requirements on pipe diameter, slope and pressure testing.
- Clarification of hold harmless, indemnification and agreement requirements for shared side sewer connections.
- New language in support of the fats, oils, and grease (FOG) program.
- New language on allowing or disallowing buildovers of public utilities on private property.
- Clarification of the requirement for side sewer as-built plans.
- Revisions to the roster requirements for registered side sewer contractors and providing for suspension of registration.
- New sections on procedures for side sewer violations.
For more information, visit www.seattle.gov/dpd/Planning/Side_Sewer_Revisions/Overview/ or contact: