—updates to Client Assistance Memos 303, 303A, 322, and 403, and Director’s Rule 27-2005
Several documents have been updated to reflect changes in the Seattle Energy Code. These documents are available for download from the right hand navigation tab on the Seattle Energy Code homepage: www.seattle.gov/dpd/energy.
Client Assistance Memo (CAM) summary and links are posted at www.seattle.gov/DPD/Codes/Energy_Code/Overview/cam_summary.asp.
- CAM 303, Applicant Responsibilities and Plan Requirements for Single-Family and Two-Unit Dwellings: Provides updated information on glazing and opaque door information needed on drawings; revisions to Figure 4, Structural Section, and Figure 7, Sample Glazing and Opaque Door Schedule.
- CAM 303A, Common Seattle Residential Code Requirements for Single-Family and Two-Unit Dwellings: Provides updated information on glazing and opaque door information needed on drawings; adds mention of new building air leakage testing requirements and additional single-family residential energy efficiency requirements; includes current versions of Tables 5-1, 6-1, and 9-1.
- CAM 322, Spray-Applied Foam Insulation: Includes discussion of new exception allowing unvented rafter spaces for qualifying insulation materials and construction assemblies.
- CAM 403, NFRC Fenestration U-factors, Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC), and Visible Transmittance (VT): Provides updated information on fenestration and opaque door information needed on drawings; includes discussion of new NFRC Component Modeling Approach (CMA) and the NFRC CMA Label Certificate.
Directors Rules (DR) summary and links are posted at: www.seattle.gov/DPD/Codes/Energy_Code/Overview/dr_summary.asp.
- DR 27-2005, Standard Design for Energy Code Analysis for Nonresidential Buildings: Rescinded as the analysis methodology and reporting requirements are now included in RS-29.Hard-copies of the 2009 Seattle Energy Code are available for purchase at the DPD Applicant Services Center on the 20th floor of the Seattle Municipal Tower, 700 5th Avenue.
An electronic version (pdf) of the entire 2009 Seattle Energy Code (2 MB) is posted and linked from the 2009 Seattle Energy Code update page: www.seattle.gov/DPD/Codes/Energy_Code/Overview/2009_ecupdate.asp.
Work is underway to update the Seattle Energy Code website and Director’s Rules. See the “2009 Seattle Energy Code Update” link in the upper right hand corner of the Seattle Energy Code homepage: www.seattle.gov/dpd/energy. New material will be posted as it becomes available.
For further information, contact: