What will it take to create a vital community at the Northgate light-rail station? This question is one of many that representatives from the City of Seattle, King County, Sound Transit and other agencies would like to discuss with the public at an Open House for the Community Design Study for the Northgate Light Rail Station Area.
Some of the topics that will be discussed at next week’s Open House include:
- Pedestrian and bicycle connections to the station, including a bridge crossing of Interstate 5
- Public spaces in the vicinity – parks, sidewalks
- How to create an active neighborhood near the light rail station
- Connecting bus and rail service
- Creating a healthy and sustainable community
The community is invited to drop by the open house to learn more and help influence the future of this area south of the Northgate Mall.
Community Design Study for the Northgate Light Rail Station Area Open House
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
6 – 9 p.m. (Brief presentation at 6:30 p.m.)
Aljoya Senior Apartments at Thornton Place
450 NE 100th Street
To learn more about the Northgate Light Rail Station Area Development project, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/Planning/NorthgateStationAreaDevelopment/Overview/default.asp