- “to have a vibrant, funded arts scene and a vibrant nightlife culture.”
- “for it to be a place where mass transit is non-polluting and works well for those who need it the most.”
- “A City where race will not be a predictor of quality of life.”
- “a city where anyone can live a low-energy, low consumption lifestyle. Not as a sacrifice, but as a default.”
- “A city where everyone will have a home.”
- “to have an efficient, affordable public transit system that reduces the need for automobiles”
- “feeling safe while walking anywhere in the city. with a friendly feeling atmosphere in the local shops and institutions.”
- “to have the Sonics back ASAP!”
As you can see, Seattleites have lots of great ideas about what they want in their neighborhoods. So we want to ask your input. What do you like the most? What changes do you want to see? What is your dream for Seattle?
If you haven’t taken the survey yet, please take a few minutes to do so now: www.surveymonkey.com/s/SEACompPlan.
- Bookmark our website: www.seattle.gov/dpd/planning/compplan. This is your one stop for the most current project information and to share your ideas.
- Like” Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SEA2030
Follow us on Twitter: #SEA2030
Subscribe to the Comp Plan Listserve: www.seattle.gov/dpd/planning/compplan
Invite Us to Your Neighborhood’s Meeting: We’re happy to come to your meeting or community gathering to talk about the major update to Seattle’s Comprehensive Plan. Send us an email, DPD_CompPlan2030Vision@seattle.gov, or call Tom Hauger at (206) 684-8380.
Spread the Word: forward this article, re-tweet us, or share our website with your friends and family.
Send Us an Email: we always want to hear from you. Send your feedback or questions to DPD_CompPlan2030Vision@seattle.gov.
Participate in Monday Montage: Seattle’s Comp Plan staff want a better understanding of what YOU love about Seattle. What Seattle qualities do you want to see more of? What type of housing appeals to you? How do you like to get around the city? What’s your favorite neighborhood hangout? In general, what makes Seattle great? Send your photos, with your credit and a short caption if you’d like, to DPD_CompPlan2030Vision@seattle.gov. We’ll use your photos to help us inform our Seattle Comp Plan evaluation and update and we’ll post them on our Facebook album.