—corrected electronic version of building envelope compliance form for nonresidential and multifamily residential spaces
One item was posted on the Seattle Energy Code websitefor download from the right-hand navigation column:
- The electronic version of the building envelope form has been updated to correct the formula in cell F9 of the ENV-VT worksheet. If you previously downloaded this form, please replace it with the one now posted on the Nonresidential and Multifamily Residential Forms page, www.seattle.gov/DPD/Codes/Energy_Code/Overview/forms_non.asp.
When using the component performance option for the building envelope in nonresidential and multifamily residential spaces, remember that:
- Compliance must be calculated separately for the building envelope for nonresidential spaces and for multifamily residential spaces.
- For multifamily residential spaces, compliance must be shown for
- Target UA, AND
- Target SHGCA (where there are skylights).
- For nonresidential spaces, compliance must be shown for
- Target UA, AND
- Target SHGCA, AND
- Target VTA (when the fenestration area exceeds 30 percent).
Consequently, when using the electronic versions of the compliance forms, multiple worksheets need to be completed.
Hard copies of the 2009 Seattle Energy Code are available for purchase at the DPD Applicant Services Center on the 20th floor of the Seattle Municipal Tower.
An electronic version of the entire 2009 Seattle Energy Code is posted and linked from the 2009 Seattle Energy Code update page, www.seattle.gov/DPD/Codes/Energy_Code/Overview/2009_ecupdate.asp.
Work is underway to update the Seattle Energy Code website. See the “2009 Seattle Energy Code Update” link in the upper right hand corner of the Seattle Energy Code homepage, www.seattle.gov/dpd/energy. New material will be posted as it becomes available.
For further information, contact John Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 386-9145.
For energy code questions, please contact Shailesh Desai at email@example.com or (206) 233-7860.