Is your home ready for an earthquake? Find out by attending one of our free 2-hour classes. You’ll learn how to evaluate your home to determine if it qualifies for our earthquake retrofit program.
You’ll also learn:
- How to retrofit your home using Project Impact’s Regional Home Retrofit guidelines
- Tool usage and proper installation of parts
- How to brace pony walls
- How to secure the first floor framing
- Which engineering solutions can be applied to your home, and when
- The expedited permit process regionally and building code requirements – why are they important?
- Safety issues
- Consumer information – How to work with one of the trained contractors
This class is designed for all homeowners whether you’re planning to do the work yourself or hire a qualified contractor. For information on dates, locations and registration call (206) 233-5076 or check out the Emergency Mangement Events Calendar.