Community Meeting – The Future of Interbay
What do you think about our Preliminary Recommendations for future land use in Interbay? Here’s how you can provide your feedback:
- Attend the Community Meeting
April 29, 5 to 7 p.m.
3223 15th Avenue W (just north of Dravus Street)
Light snacks will be provided.
- Read the preliminary recommendations
- Review the background information
- Take the online survey
What is the Ballard to Interbay Land Use Corridor Study?
For the past six months, we have been studying and thinking about the future of Interbay. Metro has introduced Rapid Ride giving residents and businesses more frequent transit. New apartments and offices are under construction. Newcomers, ranging from small craft distiller Sound Spirits to large national retailer Petco, have joined long-standing businesses like GM Nameplate and Keller Supply to become part of an increasingly diverse business community. And more change is likely.
We’ve reviewed lots of information, and discussed ideas/options with the Interbay Working Group along the way. But now we need to hear from YOU. Some of the key issues include:
- Business: What kind of businesses can thrive in the Interbay corridor?
- Retail: What types of retail does the community want ?
- Pedestrians and Bicycles: Which streets are the most important for walking and biking?
- Housing: Would Interbay be a good place for more people to live?
Your input will help us finalize recommendations and guide future changes to land-use policies and zoning for Interbay. Now is a great time to tell us what you would like to see happen in Interbay!
For more information about the Ballard to Interbay Land Use Corridor Study visit our website http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/Planning/EnvisioningInterbay/Overview/default.asp
You can also contact:
Patrice Carroll, Planner
Geoffrey Wentlandt, Urban Designer