The Rental Registration and Inspection Ordinance (RRIO) program has two important updates to share:
- The RRIO web site has been updated with important new information about the program, including registration timing and fees. We’ve also updated our Frequently Asked Questions document with new information about registration and inspection.
- As part of our program outreach plan, the RRIO program is seeking proposals from nonprofit organizations that can conduct outreach targeted at property owners and renters in hard-to-reach and historically under-represented communities. DPD will award up to a total of $75,000 across 2014-2016 to nonprofit organizations that can help support these general RRIO goals:
- Build awareness and support among renters for the RRIO program
- Educate landlords, inspectors and tenants about the RRIO standards, and encourage registration and proper maintenance of rental housing
- Create public awareness for existing minimal housing standards, and an understanding that the RRIO program is helping to improve the safety & health of housing for all renters in Seattle
Non-profit organizations interested in supporting outreach for RRIO can apply for project funding awards. For more information, download the funding guidelines and instructions and the application form. Project proposals are due November 4, 2013.