– Food trucks and prizes as we discuss Seattle’s future
On Tuesday, June 24, DPD is holding the “Seattle 2035: Key Directions & Chow Down.” DPD is inviting people to come join the conversation about Key Directions for Seattle over the next 20 years, grab a bite and possibly win a prize.
Time: 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Next 50 Pavilion (North of the Monorail)
In addition to learning about the Key Directions, there will be two food trucks available at the meeting (Athena’s and Quack Dogs). Also, there will be prizes for participation and a raffle for tickets to Seattle Center attractions.
Staff from DPD will be there to answer questions and to listen to comments. The input provided by meeting-goers will help shape how Seattle’s Comprehensive Plan is updated. At the meeting they will have an opportunity to:
- Learn about Seattle’s Comprehensive Plan and the Seattle 2035 update schedule
- Preview potential changes to make the Plan easier to understand
- Discuss key topics in the Plan, including housing, land use, and transportation
- Participate in interactive stations to help identify and prioritize options that could change the Plan
By 2035 Seattle will add 120,000 people and 115,000 jobs. DPD is asking the public to weigh-in on Key Directions for Seattle’s Comprehensive Plan to help guide this growth. Much of the Comprehensive Plan is already headed in the right direction, but some changes are needed. These changes are part of Seattle 2035, the Department of Planning and Development’s effort to update the Comprehensive Plan. DPD wants to know what you think is the best way forward.
For more information, contact:
City of Seattle
Department of Planning and Development
700 5th Avenue Suite 2000
P.O. Box 34019
Seattle WA 98124