- Tip 213C, Subdivision Process and Requirements, was updated with new text for the dedication and declaration form and the consent to subdivision form.
- DDR 8-2014, Commercial Kitchen Exhaust Hood and Ducts: Standard Alternatives for Exhaust Duct Termination at Locations Other than the Building Rooftop, sets conditions under which a Type 1 exhaust system may end at an exterior wall.
- DR 5-2014, Seismic Design Alternative for Elevators, states that seismic design of elevator and other conveyance systems may comply with either ASCE 7 or ASME A17.1.
- Joint DPD/Fire DR 7-2014, Sprinkler systems & Fire Alarm Elevator Machinery Rooms, Control Rooms, Hoistways and Pits, clarifies the requirements for automatic sprinkler systems in elevator machine rooms, control rooms, hoistways and pits.
- DR 9-2014, Building, Mechanical & Energy Code Requirements for Boarding Houses Having 8 or Fewer Bedrooms & Less than 2000 Square Feet of Floor Area, clarifies the distinction between a single family dwelling unit and a boarding house for the purpose of applying the Seattle Building Code.
- DR 10-2014, Registration of Steel Fabricators in the Washington Association of Building Officials (WABO) Steel Fabricator Registration Program, states that steel members and assemblies produced by fabricators that are registered in the Washington Association of Building Officials (WABO) Steel Fabricator Registration Program are not required to comply with Seattle Building Code Section 1704.2.5. The City of Seattle will not register fabricators for products that are within the scope of the WABO registration program.