Mayor Murray and members of City Council have launched work on a new Housing Affordability and Livability Agenda. The Mayor and Council have called together leaders in our community to help develop a bold agenda for increasing the affordability and availability of housing in our city. The agenda will chart a course for the next 10 years to ensure the development and preservation of a diversity of housing for people across the income spectrum. The Housing Affordability & Livability Advisory Committee will review every piece of the housing puzzle, including innovative ideas to pilot new types of housing, accessory dwelling unit regulations, new efforts to preserve existing affordable housing, opportunities to stretch our valuable Housing Levy dollars, and more.
Please join us at a community open house where you’ll have an opportunity to talk with City staff about density, housing types, locating new housing, and what growth looks like, among several other topics. Your feedback will help inform the Housing Affordablity & Livability Committee’s recommendations to the Mayor.
Open House Details:
Thursday, December 4
6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Olympic View Elementary School
504 NE 95th St.
The agenda will be guided by the following goals and values:
- Strengthen our city through housing affordability
- Ensure equal access to housing to advance social and racial justice
- Promote the livability of Seattle’s neighborhoods
- Promote housing opportunity across Seattle
- Promote equitable growth Continue our commitment to prioritizing those most in need
- Embrace innovation and build upon current, proven programs and policies
Visit the Mayor’s Housing Affordability and Livability Agenda website for more information.