-Seeking feedback on our proposal at upcoming community meetings
City staff are hosting a series of meetings in March to discuss specific land use policies for designated Manufacturing and Industrial Centers (M/IC) that will preserve these areas for ongoing industrial use. This policy work is aimed at strengthening our industrial business sectors as a part of Seattle 2035– the City’s major comprehensive plan update.
The purpose of our outreach meetings is to receive community input on the proposed policies. We will share your input with the City Council in early 2016, when they consider the policies as part of the major comprehensive plan update.
The recommended land use policy amendments shall:
- Strengthen the long-term viability of the M/IC
- Protect industry and port operations
- Reinforce the M/IC as a place designated for industry
- Inform the Seattle Industrial Areas Freight Access Project being conducted by the Seattle Department of Transportation
For additional information:
- Review the background information
- Attend one of the community meetings
March 3, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Ballard High School – Commons
1418 NW 65th St.
Seattle, WA 98117
March 11, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
3223 15th Avenue W (just north of Dravus Street)
Seattle, WA 98119
March 12, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
South Seattle Community College, Georgetown Campus
6737 Corson Ave. S.
Seattle, WA 98108
Coffee and cookies will be provided.
Tom Hauger, Planning Manager