This summer, the Mayor’s Recommended Comprehensive Plan took center stage at City Council. Since May, a total of 15 briefings for 8 City Council committees were held. The Planning, Land Use and Zoning (PLUZ) Committee is leading the review and will hold a public hearing on Thursday, September 15, to hear your thoughts on their proposed amendments to the Mayor’s Recommended Comprehensive Plan. The public hearing will take place at Council Chambers, City Hall (600 Fourth Avenue, 2nd Floor) at 2:00 p.m. A sign-up sheet will be available at 1:30 p.m.
You may also share your written comments with the PLUZ Committee by sending to Councilmember Johnson, email@example.com, by 2:00 p.m. on September 15.
After the public hearing, here’s what happens this fall:
- Sept. 9 – The PLUZ Committee discusses possible amendments to the Mayor’s Recommended Plan
- Sept. 15 – Public hearing on proposed amendments
- Sept. 20 (tentative) – The PLUZ Committee votes on their recommended amendments and then shares with full Council
- Council votes on the Mayor’s Recommended Plan with Council amendments
- Our staff will publish the Mayor’s Recommended Plan as amended by Council
Visit 2035.seattle.gov to stay updated on the Plan’s progress.