–Bringing Free City Services to Renters and Homeowners
You’re invited to the first ever South Seattle Home Fair on February 11, 2017, hosted by the Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections (SDCI). This event will offer free resources to renters, landlords and homeowners. It’s your chance to ask questions about your planned remodel and our permitting process, code requirements, and rental housing and tenant assistance program. City staff will also be available to discuss affordable housing, emergency preparedness, energy rebates, landslide awareness, and rain garden information.
Whether you’re a homeowner, landlord, renter, or potential homeowner, this event has something for you.
Saturday, February 11, 2017
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Filipino Community Center
Ballroom & Conference Room #201
5740 Martin Luther King Jr Way S
(The Filipino Community Center is ADA accessible.)
We will have several staffed information tables in the Ballroom and three scheduled presentations on the second floor*:
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. – Earthquake Retrofit (protect your home in case of an earthquake)
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. – Landslide Awareness (learn how to prevent landslides on your property)
- 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. – Rental Housing (learn about new rental housing rules)
Information tables will include the following topics:
- Affordable Housing Information
- Building Code & Permits
- Building & Electrical Inspections
- Earthquake Retrofits
- Emergency Communication Hubs
- Emergency Management
- Energy Rebates
- Energy-Saving Tips
- Home Repair Assistance
- Home Ownership Assistance
- Land Use Rules
- Landslide Awareness
- Landlord / Tenant Information
- Raingardens and Cisterns
- Rental Housing Rules
A full list of participating City departments and local organizations can be found here.
For more information about the South Seattle Home Fair, contact:
*There is a lift to help those who need assistance accessing the second floor.