Start 2019 off right by getting a jump-start on your home improvement project! Whether you’re a homeowner, landlord, renter or potential homeowner, our Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections Home Fair will have something for you!
We will be joined by a variety of organizations to answer all of your questions, from Seattle Public Utilities, RainWise, and Rebuilding Together Seattle to Habitat for Humanity, City Light, Department of Neighborhoods, and many more.
Learn about Earthquake Home Retrofits, Landslide Preparedness and Awareness, and Backyard Cottages with three focused presentations covering each of these important topics.
Ask us about our permitting process, inspections, and codes requirements. Do you rent, or are you a landlord? Come learn about rental housing rules. We’ll also have information tables about affordable housing, landslide awareness, emergency preparedness, energy rebates, home ownership assistance, weatherization of homes, and so much more!
Whether you’re a homeowner, landlord, renter, or potential homeowner, this event has something for you.
Home Fair Details:
South Seattle Home Fair
Saturday, February 23, 2019
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Filipino Community Center
5740 Martin Luther King Jr Way S, Seattle, WA 98118
RSVPs are appreciated.
(The Filipino Community Center is ADA accessible.)
- 10:15 – 11:15 a.m. – Earthquake Retrofit (protect your home in case of an earthquake)
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Landslide Awareness (learn how to prevent landslides on your property)
- 12:45 – 1:45 p.m. – Backyard Cottages/ADUs (what you need to know about planning your project and getting a permit)
We’ll have information tables where you can ask an expert your questions and get advice about your project or about available services. You’ll have an opportunity to learn about:
- Affordable Housing
- Building and residential codes
- Building, electrical, boiler, and mechanical inspections
- Building permits
- Community tool library
- Emergency information
- Home repair assistance
- Land use rules
- Landslide awareness
- RainWise information
- Rental housing rules
- … and more!
Other City departments and local organizations available to answer questions include:
- Seattle Public Utilities
- Rebuilding Together Seattle
- Office of Housing
- City Light
- Seattle Emergency Communications Hubs
- Department of Neighborhoods
- Habitat for Humanity
- Southeast Tool Library