The City of Seattle has launched a new delegate feature in the Seattle Services Portal. SDCI’s customers use the Seattle Services Portal to apply for building and land use permits and trade and equipment licenses, submit complaints about potential code violations, and register their rental housing units.
The new delegate feature lets you give a contractor, coworker, or co-applicant access to your account and/or records. You can add multiple delegates and manage specific permissions. This feature gives you detailed control over who can access your records and how they can conduct business on your behalf. The options for access and control that you can delegate are:
- Create Applications – allows delegate to create applications in your account
- Renew Records – allows delegate to renew your records
- Amend Records – allows delegate to submit amendments of your records
- Manage Inspections – allows delegate to schedule inspections
- Manage Document – allow delegate to upload documents for your records
- Make Payments – allows delegate to pay fees for your records
With the launch of the delegate feature, you can no longer have multiple contacts associated with your account. If you have multiple contacts on your account, the City of Seattle will send you instructions on how to remove or merge those contacts.
For more information about the delegate feature, please review these articles: