The Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections will be hosting our popular Seattle Home Fairs in early 2020. Jam-packed with useful information about your planned remodel, our permitting process, renting in Seattle, and so much more, this is an event not to be missed!
Our North Seattle Home Fair will take place at the Meadowbrook Community Center on Saturday, January 25 from 2:00 to 5:30 p.m. Our South Seattle Home Fair will be at the Filipino Community Center on Saturday, February 1 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Parking is limited, so you might want to consider taking public transportation.
Please join us to learn more about rental housing rules, inspection requirements, landslide awareness, emergency preparedness, energy efficiency, and much, much more! We’ll have experts on a variety of topics on-site to answer your questions and focused presentations on landslide awareness, earthquake retrofitting your home, and developing an accessory dwelling unit. Best of all, both events are entirely FREE to attend! Mark these dates on your calendar now and stay tuned for more information. We can’t wait to see you there!
Whether you’re a homeowner, landlord, renter, or potential homeowner, this event has something for you.
North Seattle Home Fair
Saturday, January 25, 2020
2:00 – 5:30 p.m.
Meadowbrook Community Center
10517 35th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125
The closest bus stops are route 64 and 65.
RSVPs are appreciated.
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.– Earthquake Retrofit (protect your home in case of an earthquake)
- 3:15 – 4:15 p.m. – Landslide Awareness (learn how to prevent landslides on your property)
- 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. – Backyard Cottages/ADUs (what you need to know about planning your project and getting a permit)
South Seattle Home Fair
Saturday, February 1, 2020
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Filipino Community Center
5740 Martin Luther King Jr Way S, Seattle, WA 98118
The closest bus stop is route 106. Route 7 and the light rail are within relatively short walks.
RSVPs are appreciated.
- 10:15 – 11:15 a.m. – Earthquake Retrofit (protect your home in case of an earthquake)
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Landslide Awareness (learn how to prevent landslides on your property)
- 12:45 – 1:45 p.m. – Backyard Cottages/ADUs (what you need to know about planning your project and getting a permit)
Both the Meadowbrook Community Center and the Filipino Community Center are ADA accessible.
For more information about both the North and the South Seattle Home Fair, contact: