This closure affects the Applicant Services Center, the Public Resource Center, and the 19th floor reception area.
SDCI would like to thank our customers for their flexibility and patience as we find new ways of providing service while reducing the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus.
The virus has already spread in our community, so we are at a pivotal moment to slow the spread to the most vulnerable individuals. Earlier this week, the State and County announced additional measures to curb the spread of COVID-19, including a prohibition on large events with 50 or more people and requirements to meet public health guidance on social distancing and hygiene at small events.
After much discussion, and in accordance with public health guidance, the City closed its public-facing counters across multiple departments, including SDCI. We expect to reopen our counters Monday, April 13, but will continue to evaluate this timeline as the pandemic situation evolves.
The following services are no longer available on an in-person basis:
- Assistance with landlord or tenant issues, including RRIO registration
- Permitting services, including side sewer, subject-to-field-inspection, and trade permits
- Coaching for geotechnical, drainage, land use, zoning, tree removal/preservation/protection, permits, or project planning
- Address changes or verification
- Pre-submittal conferences
- Zoning paid coaching appointments
- Pay fees by cash or check
- Determine your project development site
- Research permit history
- Submittal of final plats for recording
Please use these alternate options to conduct your business with SDCI:
- Seattle Services Portal– most permits, including subject-to-field-inspection permits, can be submitted through our online permitting portal. Please refer to this article How to Apply for STFI Construction Permit for assistance.
- Use our online Q&A/Coaching services:
- Conduct pre-submittal conferences online.
- File questions or complaints on landlord and tenant assistance or other complaints online (seattle.gov/sdci) or call (206) 615-0808.
- Visit our Side Sewer Permit webpage or email firstname.lastname@example.org for side sewer and drainage information.
- Mail us payment by check. See How Do I Pay by Check for instructions and our mailing address.
- Send a building plans request (including the permit number and address for the project of interest) to SCI_Microfilm@seattle.gov to request a copy of approved building plans associated with an issued permit. (For safety reasons, Homeland Security prohibits us from providing access to approved plans online without an individual request.)
- Drop off final plats in the 19th floor lobby by the reception door.
In addition to these closures, we are making additional service changes as needed. Please read our SDCI Service Updates in Response to COVID-19 blog article for the most current information. We will keep updating that article with new changes.
We understand these service changes may be inconvenient and frustrating to our customers. We hope by taking these steps we can help slow the spread of the virus in our community.