SDCI would like to thank our customers for their continued flexibility and patience as we find new ways of providing service while reducing the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus.
On May 2, Mayor Jenny A. Durkan extended her Executive Order on the City of Seattle’s policies on facility closures and permit suspensions until May 31, to be consistent with Governor Inslee’s May 1 announcement extending the statewide ‘Stay Home, Stay Healthy’ order until at least May 31, 2020. The Governor’s order was first announced on March 23 and bans all gatherings, closes all non-essential businesses unless employees can work from home, and requires all Washingtonians to stay home unless they are engaging in an essential activity.
Per the Mayor’s order, the following SDCI services remain unavailable on an in-person basis:
- Assistance with landlord or tenant issues, including RRIO registration
- Permitting services, including side sewer, subject-to-field-inspection, and trade permits
- Coaching for geotechnical, drainage, land use, zoning, tree removal/preservation/protection, permits, or project planning
- Address changes or verification
- Pre-submittal conferences
- Zoning paid coaching appointments
- Pay fees by cash or check
- Determine your project development site
- Research permit history
- Submittal of final plats for recording
Please continue to use these alternate options to conduct your business with SDCI:
- Seattle Services Portal– most permits, including subject-to-field-inspection permits, can be submitted through our online permitting portal. Please refer to this article How to Apply for STFI Construction Permitfor assistance.
- Use our online Q&A/Coaching services:
- Conduct pre-submittal conferences and paid zoning coaching online.
- File questions or complaints on landlord and tenant assistance or other complaints online (gov/sdci) or call (206) 615-0808.
- Visit our Side Sewer Permitwebpage or email email@example.com for side sewer and drainage information.
- Mail us payment by check. See How Do I Pay by Checkfor instructions and our mailing address.
- Send a building plans request (including the permit number and address for the project of interest) to SCI_Microfilm@seattle.govto request a copy of approved building plans associated with an issued permit. (For safety reasons, Homeland Security prohibits us from providing access to approved plans online without an individual request.)
- Send signed plats to the address below. Signed plats must be rolled. King County will not accept plats for recording if they are folded.
Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections
Public Resource Center
O. Box 34019
Seattle, WA 98124-4019
In addition to these closures, we continue to make additional service changes as needed. Please read our SDCI Service Updates in Response to COVID-19 blog article for the most current information. We will keep updating that article with new changes.
We understand these service changes may be inconvenient and frustrating to our customers. We hope by taking these steps we can help slow the spread of the virus in our community.