SDCI would like to thank our customers for their continued flexibility and patience as we find new ways of providing service while reducing the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus.
On June 18, Mayor Jenny A. Durkan extended her Executive Order on the City of Seattle’s facility closures until June 30. This Executive Order follows King County’s application to be in Phase Two of the Governor’s Safe Start Washington plan. Phase Two allows some businesses and activities to resume under strict public health guidance, but continues to ban almost all gatherings and makes clear that residents and businesses should follow public health measures like social distancing, face coverings, and good hygiene.
Per the Mayor’s order, the following SDCI services remain unavailable on an in-person basis:
- Assistance with landlord or tenant issues, including RRIO registration
- Permitting services, including side sewer, subject-to-field-inspection, and trade permits
- Coaching for geotechnical, drainage, land use, zoning, tree removal/preservation/protection, permits, or project planning
- Address changes or verification
- Pre-submittal conferences
- Zoning paid coaching appointments
- Pay fees by cash or check
- Determine your project development site
- Research permit history
- Submittal of final plats for recording
Please continue to use these alternate options to conduct your business with SDCI:
- Seattle Services Portal– most permits, including subject-to-field-inspection permits, can be submitted through our online permitting portal. Please refer to this article How to Apply for STFI Construction Permitfor assistance.
- Use our online Q&A/Coaching services:
- Conduct pre-submittal conferences and paid zoning coaching online.
- File questions or complaints on landlord and tenant assistance or other complaints online (seattle.gov/sdci) or call (206) 615-0808.
- Visit our Side Sewer Permit webpage or email firstname.lastname@example.org for side sewer and drainage information.
- Mail us payment by check. See How Do I Pay by Check for instructions and our mailing address.
- Send a building plans request (including the permit number and address for the project of interest) to SCI_Microfilm@seattle.gov to request a copy of approved building plans associated with an issued permit. (For safety reasons, Homeland Security prohibits us from providing access to approved plans online without an individual request.)
- Send signed plats to the address below. Signed plats must be rolled. King County will not accept plats for recording if they are folded.
Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections
Public Resource Center
O. Box 34019
Seattle, WA 98124-4019
In addition to these closures, we continue to make additional service changes as needed. Please read our SDCI Service Updates in Response to COVID-19 blog article for the most current information. We will keep updating that article with new changes.
We understand these service changes may be inconvenient and frustrating to our customers. We hope by taking these steps we can help slow the spread of the virus in our community.