The City of Seattle Stormwater Code and Manual became effective July 1, 2021. Please visit our Stormwater Code website as a great deal has changed with this update. On our website you can find the following documents:
- A summary of recent manual changes
- A summary or recent code changes
- A full manual with tracked edits
- Revised standard plans( CSC/Soil and DWC)
- Updated SDCI Typical Drainage Details
- Updated On-site Stormwater Management and Flow Control
Important reminder: always open the standard plans and calculators from the website rather than saving them to your computer. We update them frequently when new versions are released and we want to make sure you have the latest version.
SDCI has prepared multiple training materials to help prepare applicants:
- Drainage Review 101 and 2021 Code Updates
This recorded training covers when drainage review is required, what to submit, and what drainage control will be required. It also highlights many of the updates to the 2021 Stormwater Code/Manual.
- Infiltration Feasibility and Testing
This is a recorded training.
- 2021 Updates to Drainage BMP Requirements
- This recorded training covers the changes to the stormwater Best Management Practices(BMP) and introduces a new BMP!
- SDCI Drainage Reviewer’s Checklist (For reference only.)
This handy tool is used by reviewers. We have made it available to applicants to help you get through review more efficiently.
Mark your calendars!
We are hosting virtual Question and Answer sessions about the update and any other questions about the 2021 Stormwater Code and Manual every Wednesday, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m., throughout July and August 2021. Please review the training videos above in advance to help you get the most out of the Q&A sessions. If you have questions about the Q&A sessions, please contact email@example.com.
How to join a Q&A session: