- Tip 344, Construction in Wildland-Urban Interface Areas, provides an overview of the Seattle Wildland-Urban Interface Code (SWUIC). SWUIC is a new code that will be adopted by the City of Seattle in early 2024. The code regulates construction near wildland areas to protect life and property from wildland fires and prevent structure fires from spreading to wildlands.
- Tip 208, State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) Environmental Review in Seattle was updated to reflect the current exemption information.
- Tip 601, Unsafe and Vacant Buildings: SDCI’s Inspection Program/SFD’s Inspection Program, was updated with new vacant building legislation.
- Tip 605, City Regulations for Maintaining Vacant Buildings, was updated with new vacant building legislation.
- Tip 620, Registering Your Rental Property, was updated so the registration cost chart includes the total for two years.
- DR 13-2023, Treatment of Multiple Rental Rate Options in Calculating Required Rent Increase Notices, provides guidance on relocation assistance eligibility when a tenant receives a notice of rent increase with multiple rental rate options.