SDCI is pleased to announce it has opened an information desk on the 4th floor of the Seattle Municipal Tower at 700 5th Avenue. The fastest way to get help is still through our Virtual Application Services Center (ASC). The information desk serves customers who need technical or language assistance to use the Virtual ASC. The SDCI information desk is staffed by a single person who will provide assistance with customer questions. If needed, they will connect customers with an SDCI expert via our online services. Customers can also visit the information desk for help with making an in-person payment.
SDCI’s information desk is not a reopening of our previous pre-pandemic in-person permitting counters. We encourage customers to use the Virtual ASC. Through the Virtual ASC, customers can use live chat, submit an email support ticket, request a video coaching session, and get help through translated chat options in Spanish and Chinese.
The SDCI information desk hours and the Virtual ASC hours are:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
In addition to the Virtual ASC, SDCI has several other resources to help you get answers at all phases of your project. We encourage you to use the options below before visiting the information desk.
- Use our Permit & Property Records Search to find land use plans, permits, inspection reports, or historic records for your property.
- Attend a virtual construction pre-submittal conference, land use pre-submittal conference, or paid coaching session to ask an expert specific questions about your project.
- Read our Residential Inspection Quick Sheets to understand when, and in what order, to schedule inspections and what our inspectors look for during inspections.
- For those new to Seattle’s design review process, watch our What is Design Review? video for an overview of the program’s goals and process.