Updated July 2, 2021
In response to Governor Inslee lifting Phase 3 COVID restrictions, private construction COVID site protocols are now lifted.
- The Applicant Service Center and Public Resource Center continues to be closed, but we are planning to reopen a reimagined Applicant Service Center later this year. Read our blog article, SDCI Counter Closure Extended, to learn how to conduct business with SDCI through alternate methods.
- The 19th floor reception area will be closed until further notice.
- For Tenant Assistance and other rental housing issues, please file an online complaint at Seattle.gov/SDCI. You may also call (206) 615-0808.
- The Seattle Municipal Tower is closed to non-staff. Please send deliveries to Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections, P.O. Box 34019, Seattle, WA 98124-4019.
- Send signed plats to Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections, Public Resource Center, P.O. Box 34019, Seattle, WA 98124-4019. Signed plats must be rolled. King County will not accept plats for recording if they are folded.
- We encourage our customers to submit their questions through one of our online tools. Online Q&A/Coaching Services include:
- Customers should apply for subject-to-field-inspection (STFI) permits online using the Seattle Services Portal. For instructions, please refer to this Help Article: How to Apply for STFI Construction Permit.
- In-person geotechnical coaching is not available until further notice. Geotechnical coaching is available via the online Building Permit Q&A forum at https://seattle.gov/sdci/resources/send-us-a-question.
- We are limiting in-person meetings. As a result, previously scheduled meetings and events may be postponed or converted to online meetings. Please see SDCI’s public meeting calendar for updated information.
- We are conducting pre-submittal conferences and paid zoning coaching online.
- File questions or complaints on landlord and tenant assistance or other complaints online (www.seattle.gov/sdci) or call (206) 615-0808.
- Visit our Side Sewer Permit webpage or email email@example.com for side sewer and drainage information.
- Mail us your payment by check. See How Do I Pay by Check for instructions and our mailing address.
- Send a building plans request (including the permit number and address for the project of interest) to SCI_Microfilm@seattle.gov to request a copy of approved building plans associated with an issued permit. (For safety reasons, Homeland Security prohibits us from providing access to approved plans online without an individual request.)