In response to COVID 19, SDCI Inspection Services is implementing limited video inspections for some inspection types. Contact your inspector directly the morning of your inspection to see if you qualify. See Find your Inspector at the bottom of our Inspections webpage for phone numbers.
A video inspection will be performed as a video call, using smart phone apps such as Facetime, Microsoft Teams, or WebEx. Because Zoom does not meet the City’s security standards, we will not use Zoom to conduct a video inspection. Some inspection types may not be possible as a video inspection.
Any video inspection that can be performed will reduce people’s exposure to the virus and keep projects moving. The video inspection program is to provide an alternative for eligible inspections, including simple scope of work and re-inspections.
To be considered for a video inspection, schedule an inspection via our website or phone as usual. Please be sure to include your phone number in the request and an inspector will contact you to discuss. Before you schedule the inspection, please read the SDCI Guide to Video Inspections to make sure that you have the necessary technology and tools to successfully complete a video inspection.
Video Inspection Types:
Confirm with your inspector whether your inspection can be performed as a video inspection.
Reinspects of failed relief valves
- Basement point load footings
- Foundation: decks and small project walls after setback/footings passed
- Simple front porch replacements
- Insulation Single Family Residence (SFR), simple slab insulation, sound insulation
- Densglass install exterior
- Project Impact projects in existing crawl spaces
- Non fire rated interior partitions in tenant improvements.
- Smaller framing jobs/ Subject To Field Inspection (STFI’s) and some subfloors
- STFI and SFR finals and some corrections
Conveyance (case by case)
- Accident investigation
- Conveyance Install
- Conveyance Temp operating
- Conveyance Repairs and alteration
- Conveyance Reinspect
- Accident investigation
- Certificate inspection
- Conveyance 5 yr. safety test
- Perm and Temp OOS
- Small corrections for all inspection types
- Trench cover
- Small (ADT) Security covers, and finals
- Small Finals for replacement of devices 6 devices or less
- Small wall/ceiling cover not over 300 sf.
- Ufer covers or final possibly
- Residential furnace replacement
- Fireplace installation
- Furnace/Refrigeration Final residential and new construction
- Minor corrections on residential and new construction
- Photo pressure test
- Minisplit outdoor unit loc. (with proximity to lot line)
- Refrigeration, interior line set cover
Sign (case by case)
- LED retrofit/cover inspections and finals
- Side Sewer Repairs not requiring a pressure test
- Site Finals for small sites
- Verification of plants in bio-retention facilities
- Limited stormwater inspections for new construction that do not require a pressure test or cross into the Right-of-Way