We’ve launched a new tool to help customers more easily submit public comments. Customers can use the Seattle Services Portal to submit public comments online and attach supporting photos and documents. You can now browse a map of all active land use and early design guidance records accepting comments or use the map to search for a project by address or record number.
New Public Comment Tool Features
- The comment tool creates a public comment record (-PC) that hosts all public comments for that This makes it easier to find and view public comments for a project.
- All public comments will have the same formatting for ease of readability and navigation.
- All public comments will be automatically uploaded to the new Public Comment record in real time.
- Requests to extend the public comment period can now be done online.
- Customers can hide their contact information from public view; however, that information remains visible to staff.
The new public comment tool includes comments submitted after November 6, 2021 under the new public comment (-PC) record type. If you are looking for public comments submitted before that date, you will find them under the documents tab of the main project record number. For active projects, you should look in both locations to ensure that you have seen all submitted public comments.
For detailed information on how to use the new public comment tool, see our How to Submit a Public Comment help article.